The next flagship series of OnePlus, that is OnePlus 9, is a lot in the rumors ahead of its launch. In fact, the company’s CEO Pete Lau has now started to create the hype for the phone’s announcement by launching a dozen of teasers. For instance, an official poster depicting the OnePlus 9 Pro in Morning Mist (White) and the OnePlus 9 in Winter Mist (Purple) is posted on his Twitter handle. Further, the other teasers showcase the different color variants of the OnePlus 9 series and the camera sample pictures by this phone.
The above-mentioned facts are based on the company’s teasers, however, the phone has not been officially launched yet. The teasers not only uncover the color variants of the phone but also the overall design of it from all sides.
Let us now discuss the specifications, expected price, launch date, and other details of the OnePlus 9.
Generally, OnePlus launches its new flagship series by March-End or Mid-April. OnePlus 9 is likely to officially launch later this month on March 23 at 2 PM, as revealed on the company’s website. The Chinese company has already unveiled some of its highlights in the teasers such as four cameras at the back of the phone with a Hasselblad rear camera setup.
It is rumored that the OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro will be launched alongside a third-model that could be namely OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 9E, or OnePlus 9 Lite. The rumors also state that OnePlus may also possibly launch a watch, that functions on the Google Wear Platform.
The company has officially confirmed the camera and display attributes of the OnePlus 9 series. Let us discuss the other rumored attributes of the successor of the OnePlus 8 series, such as design, battery, storage, hardware, color, etc.
- OnePlus 9 will have a triple rear camera with two lenses larger than the third.
- OnePlus 9 Pro will have a quad camera with Hasselblad partnership, as seen in the official images unveiled by the company. The front camera of 9 Pro would be 32 MP while the rear one would be supporting 64 MP + 16 MP Ultra-Wide Angle + 12 MP Telephoto.
- The photographs, as well as HDR video, can be captured in 12-bit RAW.
- Also, the shooting can be done of an 8K video up to 30 frames-per-second or 4K at 120fps.
- A punch-hole front camera will be on both smartphones, positioned on the left.
- As per the reports, the OnePlus 9 would have a larger display than OnePlus 8T that is, a 6.55-inch AMOLED display.
- Just like the previous series, the OnePlus 9 will have a 120Hz refresh rate. However, 9 Pro would have an LTPO display supporting a variable refresh rate.
- OnePlus 9 would support Full HD+ resolution, similar to the OnePlus 8.
- However, the OnePlus 9 Pro will have Quad HD+ resolution along with a 6.7-inch AMOLED display that offers a 393ppi pixel density and a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
- It is also stated that both 9 and 9 Pro would have a sharp brightness of 1100 units and support for HDR10+ content, the same as the 8T series.
- The display is safeguarded by a Corning Gorilla Glass v5.0.
- Due to the long-standing relationship between Qualcomm and OnePlus, it is obvious that 9 and 9 Pro will feature the Snapdragon 888, the latest Qualcomm processor.
- Both 9 & 9 Pro will support 5G along with 65W fast charging on board, same as 8T.
- It is still not sure that 9 Pro will be reserved for which wireless charging whether 40W, 45W, or 30W.
- Both 9 & 9 Pro are likely to have the same battery module of 4,500mAh.
- There are two expected storage variants: 256 GB & 128 GB, where the former supporting 12 GB RAM while the latter 8 GB, respectively.
- Though the images of the OnePlus 9Pro depict 11GB RAM with 256GB storage, but it does not seem appropriate. It is likely to be 12GB instead of 11GB.
- Both 9 and 9 Pro are probably to launch with OxygenOS 11 out of the box, that is with Google Android 11.
- The design of the OnePlus 9 would have significant changes as compared to that of the OnePlus 8.
- There could be a flat-screen display just like the 8T.
- A punch-hole front camera could be seen on the left of the display, similar to 8T.
- The top left corner at the back of the OnePlus 9 would be for camera housing, similar to OnePlus Nord while rectangular and large like 8T as per the leaked images.
- Unlike the previous series, two of the three lenses will be larger for the OnePlus 9.
- OnePlus 9 is claimed to have a plastic chassis.
- The rectangular camera housing would be reflective glass as per the company.
- 9 Pro will have two larger and two smaller Hasselblad cameras.
- It is rumored that 9 Pro will have IP68 dust and water resistance rating.
- 9 Pro is aspired to have three color variants including Morning Mist, Astral Black, and Pine Green.
- The matte finish on the Astral black variant makes it appear more premium, just like the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.
- The Morning mist color gives a silver appearance.
- While the Pine green is more of a dull shade of green.
- The matte-finished color variants will prevent smudges and fingerprints.
- Talking about the OnePlus 9, it will be launched in Arctic Sky, Stellar Black, and Winter Mist color choices.
- The Winter mist variant reflects the purple gradient.
- The phone may have a plastic frame and a flat display.
6. Battery & Security
- 9 Pro is fuelled by a 5000mAh Li-ion non-removable battery.
- This can be charged through Type-C USB and supports fast charging.
- The device supports 4G, 5G, b/g/n, Mass storage device, GPS with A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth v5.1, USB charging, and Glonass.
- The phone comes with biometric authentication via an on-screen fingerprint sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, Compass, Accelerometer, and Gyroscope.
- It is also claimed that the 9 Pro buyers will get Steve Harrington Edition wireless earbuds. Whereas, the 9 buyers may get OnePlus Buds Z.
- The OnePlus 9 in India will be priced more than Rs.40,000. The OnePlus Pro is expected to between Rs. 55000- Rs. 60,000 segment. Lastly, the OnePlus 9R could be under Rs.30,000 segment.
In the above article, all minute details regarding the launch of the OnePlus 9 series have been discussed. As per the noted tipster Evan Blass, the pre-order page for the OnePlus 9 will be live on March 23. Prospective buyers must book their phones in advance to get them as early as possible.